VIP Lecture: Talking about Pedophilia
- Joining this event is not possible anymore
About this event
- Lexicom 2018-2019
- Date and time
- Mar 14, 2019 19:15 - 21:30
- Geertsemazaal, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
It’s already our fourth lecture that is coming up in two weeks. This time, the lecture will be about pedophilia. Two speakers will give their insight into the complex world of pedophilia, from different perspectives.
Lena Schweikert is a Master’s student of Clinical Forensic Psychology and Victimology at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen. The first part of the lecture, she will explain pedophilia from the clinical and scientific perspective. After that, a non-active pedophile will tell you his personal story. He will also cover topics as stigmas and discrimination.
This time, the ticket-sale is different from before. Tickets are for free. However, attendees of the lecture will fill in a questionnaire at the beginning and at the end of the lecture. The questionnaire will be used for a thesis study. Of course, the questionnaire will be filled in anonymously and participants are at any time allowed to stop with the questionnaire if they wish to do so.
During the lecture there are some strict rules, in light of safety of the speakers, which we would like to emphasize:
• Be on time! The doors open at 18.30. Because of safety precautions, it will take longer than usually to get to the lecture hall. You have to be a student at the RUG and bring your RUG student card in order to get in. Next to checking your card, we will also make sure your phone is switched off (see next point!).
• You are not allowed to use your phone inside the lecture hall. Filming/taking photos is not allowed. If we see you using your phone, you will be removed from the lecture.
• We ask you to be respectful!
Last but not least, you can get your tickets via the vipsite. We will place the link down below as soon as the ticketsale is open!
We hope to see you at the lecture!