Board 2020-2021

BestuursfotoBest20-21.png
Board 2020-2021

Board 2020-2021

We are very happy that we were announced as the 40th board of VIP on 21 September.

As a board, we run the association for one year! We coordinate all the committees, offer our members a lot of benefits and try to make sure that all our members have a great year.

You can find us at the Heymans faculty (Hv.0402) every Monday untill Friday, from 11:00 until 15:00. If you have any questions, want to sign up as a member or want to enjoy a quick chat, always feel free to come by!

You can also call us at 050-3636323 or send an e-mail to vip.gmw@rug.nl.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon!

Love,

The 40th board of VIP

(Lotte, Isis, Mirthe, Kor, Maryëlle, Lars)

Board 2020-2021

Lotte Bakker (2017) Chairman
Isis de Gucht (2018) Secretary & Commissioner of Diversity and Inclusion
Mirthe Kievit (2018) Treasurer
Kor Bolhuis (2018) Commissioner of Internal Affairs
Maryëlle Hoogeveen (2017) Commissioner of Career & Education
Lars van der Lee (2018) The Commissioner of Public Relations

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

WhatsApp_Image_2020-09-24_at_12.46.29.jpeg
Lotte Bakker

Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Lotte Bakker, 21 years old and I am the chairman of the VIP board 2020-2021. Since the start of my study, I have been living in Groningen, but I grew up in a little village called Vries. Currently, I am in my last year of the bachelor and I actually hope to finish it this year. Next to my study, I spend my free time at sporting, meeting with my friends and I am a sucker for games even though I can not stand my loss. 

I have been an active member for three years now, starting in the First Year Committee, followed by the Dies Committee and the Lecture Committee. During my year as an active member, I got very involved within the association and decided that I would like to take it up a notch. So, here I am! I am really looking forward to the upcoming year, to work together with my fellow board members to make this year a wonderful year! Hope to see you all very soon!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! 

My name is Isis de Gucht and I will be the Secretary and Commissioner of Diversity & Inclusion this year. I am 21 years old and in my third year of the bachelor. I grew up in Deventer, which I still visit often to see my dog Meneer Beer (that translates to Mister Bear, I did not name my dog after an alcoholic beverage). In my free time, I like to dance, read, cook and run. Currently, I do hip hop and dance hall at the Urban Dance Center here in Groningen. 

As the Secretary, my main tasks are to make the minutes during the board meetings and oversee most of the internal and external communication of VIP.

As the Commissioner of Diversity & Inclusion, I monitor the internationalization and inclusion process within VIP by creating evaluation forms and involving in many discussions with VIP members, the faculty representatives, and other study associations. I can use my own creativity to create new projects as well. Next to this, I chair the meetings of the Diversity and Inclusion working group. The aim of this working group is to stimulate diversity and inclusion within VIP. 

I am looking forward to the upcoming year with you all. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, remarks or just want to have a chat!

WhatsApp_Image_2020-09-24_at_11.46.45.jpeg
Isis de Gucht

DSC_0320.JPG
Mirthe Kievit

Hi everyone,

My name is Mirthe Kievit. I am 19 years old and I just finished my second year of the Bachelor of Psychology. I was raised in Kampen, a beautiful, small city in the Netherlands. I can remember that I always liked to be active and do things I had never done before. I tried a lot of different hobbies and sports. At this moment, I enjoy being creative and I also enjoy doing sports. I like to go running, sailing, windsurfing and you can find me at the Aclo group lessons quite often. Every minute left, I like to spend together with my family and friends. In my second year of Psychology, I became an active member within VIP, and I kind of regret not being active in my first year. I really enjoyed being in the Student Exchange Committee and I am excited to be part of the board this year! 

A new adventure is waiting in the upcoming year. I will fulfil the function of treasurer in the 40th VIP board. This means that I will keep an overview of all the money that comes and goes within our association. I will be close in contact with the treasurers of all the committees as well. It is a great challenge, but really enjoyable since I am learning a lot of new things. 

I am looking forward to having an amazing year with you! If you have any questions or just feel like chatting a bit or sporting together, feel free to approach me :). 

Hi there!

My name is Kor Bolhuis. I am 21 years old and just finished my second year of the Psychology Bachelor. I grew up in Loppersum, a small village near the city of Groningen. I am now happily living in Groningen and am enjoying life as a student. As far as I can remember, I have always been eager for new experiences or adventures. I really like to travel and see as much of the world as I can. In the past two years, I have been part of committees within VIP. I participated in a lot of activities and organized some as well. This year's new adventure will be being on the VIP-board and working together with an amazing team. Furthermore, I really like boxing and rowing at Gyas. In the time that is left, I am always to be found hanging out with friends.  

As the Internal Affairs of VIP, I am responsible for the internal communication to all the active members. Next to this, I’m the commissioner of 8 committees and 3 structures and I’ll be organizing the Active Members Activities throughout the year. I enjoy this function a lot because I get to know a wide variety of different active members groups.

I am looking forward to meeting you! Feel free to approach me any time to have a chat or have a drink together ;)

DSC_0390.JPG
Kor Bolhuis

DSC_0304.JPG
Maryëlle Hoogeveen

Hi there!

My name is Maryëlle Hoogeveen and I am 21 years old. I am the Commissioner of Career and Education of the VIP-Board 2020-2021. During my board year, I will finish my Psychology degree and I will do some extra courses. Besides studying and the board, I think it's very important to spend a lot of time with friends and family. A lot of my spare time goes to eating together or having a drink together. Next to this, I love travelling and making great hikes. 

In the first year of my Psychology study, I became active at VIP by joining the Workshop/In-house committee. After joining the Workshop/In-house committee for a year, I joined the Photostructure for the two years after that. During these years, I had a lot of fun and I decided to go for a bigger challenge within VIP: joining the board.

I am really happy to fulfil the function of Commissioner of Career and Education in the upcoming association year. I am looking forward to implementing my plans this year, to work together with my board and I am excited for all the challenges that we are going to face. But most of all, I am looking forward to having a great time with all the VIP-members! 

Hey all!

My name is Lars van der Lee and I fulfil the function of Public Relations within the 40th VIP Board. I am 22 years old and I am currently in my third year of studying psychology. I was born and raised in Gorinchem, a beautiful small city in South Holland. I moved to Groningen four years ago and could not be happier in this lively student city. I am also a member with the student rowing association Gyas but actually have not touched a rowboat in quite some time now. In my spare time, I am always playing games, watching movies or drinking a beer with my friends. Our house, Pelsterpenthouse is always open for some old-fashioned gezelligheid. 

As the commissioner of Public Relations, I am in charge of acquiring money via acquisition. I have a lot of contact with different companies and I try to make deals that are beneficial for VIP and its members. I stay in close contact with VIP’s partners. Besides that, I am also responsible for the promotion and the public image of VIP. So, it is my responsibility to make sure that you are all updated about the events VIP organizes. I am really looking forward to the upcoming year and to meet a lot of new people. I like the variation in the tasks I have and all the new things that I will learn throughout the year! 

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you just want to have a talk!

DSC_0344.JPG
Lars van der Lee

Our sponsors