Board 2018-2019

Board 2018-2019

We are very happy that we were announced as the 38th board of VIP on 25 September.

As a board, we run the association for one year! We coördinate all the committees, offer our members a lot of benefits and try to make sure that all our members have a great year.

You can find us at the Heymans faculty (Hv.0402) every Monday untill Friday, from 11:00 untill 15:00. If you have any questions, want to sign up as a member or want to enjoy a nice conversation, always feel free to come by!

You can also call us at 050-3636323 or send an e-mail to vip.gmw@rug.nl.

We are looking forward to seeing you soon!

Love,

The 38th board of VIP

Viewpoint.JPG

(Carla, Bart, Linda, Libbe, Marieke, Luc)

Board 2018-2019

Libbe de Vries (2016) Chairman
Carla Victoria Schroeder (2016) Secretary and Internationalization
Marieke Folbert (2015) Treasurer
Linda Offringa (2017) Internal Affairs
Bart Matthijs Kranenborg (2016) External Affairs
Luc Gerrits (2015) Public Relations

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Foto_Libbe.JPG

Hi there!

My name is Libbe de Vries. I am 21 years old and I was born in Breda, a city in the south of the Netherlands. I like to go sailing, skiing and I always enjoy having a drink with my friends.  I am a third year psychology student and this year, I am proud to fulfil the function of chairman within the 38th VIP board. I am very excited that, together with the other board members, we got the chance to run the association for a year and attend all the activities VIP has to offer!

As chairman, my main tasks lie within supervising the main developments within the association and ensuring that the policy of our year is pursued and implemented. In practice, this means that I largely determine the agenda for the board meetings and coordinate the various board tasks. Additionally, I sign the contracts from both the committees and the board. Finally, one of the most important tasks of a chairman is to motivate the rest of the board and to intervene in potential conflicts. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey all!

I am Carla and I am the only international student in the board, which is great! As many other Psychology students, I am from Germany (Düsseldorf). I am 22 years old and I am in my third year of my Bachelor. During my study years, I have experienced that VIP can help me a lot regarding my future career, my study, and my social life. This is one reason why I am in the board of VIP 2018-2019. When I am not involved with VIP and when I am not studying, I like to do sports in my free time. I regularly visit the aclo courses and I am a passionate ballet dancer since I am five years old. So you can either find me in the VIP-hok, in the ub or at aclo  ;)

My function in the board is the Secretary/Commissioner of Internationalization. As the Secretary, I am responsible for the communication of the association. I am responsible for the incoming emails and archiving these. Also, I am responsible for writing the minutes during our meetings and to edit these afterward. Furthermore, I am responsible for the incoming post, the membership file and the internal regulations and statuten. As the Commissioner of Internationalization, I make sure that the voice of our international students is heard. I try to make sure that everyone – national and international students – feels welcome and accepted in our association. I attend external meetings organized by the faculty or the university about internationalization as I am striving towards an international VIP. 

In case you have any questions, remarks or concerns, always feel free to approach me! Let´s have a great year together!

Foto_Carla.JPG

Foto_Marieke.JPG

Hi guys!

I am Marieke Folbert and I am the treasurer of the VIP Board of 2018-2019. I am 21 years old and in my fourth year of studying psychology. I am interested in clinical and applied social psychology. Since I was 4 years old, I love gymnastics. But, I also like doing other sports so you can always ask me to go for a run or to go swimming at the ACLO! However, I also really like to be lazy and watch a lot of movies and tv series on my couch. Game of Thrones is one of my favourite tv-shows, but I am also into Gossip Girl and Pretty Litte Liars ;) and Friends of course! 

In the VIP board, my main task will be to keep track of the money. This means I am in close contact with the treasurers of the committees and I am checking where our association is spending our money on. It is a function that is a great challenge and makes me learn a lot of new things that I can also use in my future. 

Hey everyone!

My name is Linda Offringa. I’m now 23 years old and I’m a real ‘stadjer’, because I grew up here in the lovely city of Groningen. As a little girl I started playing football, which I did for 12 years! I realized that I love playing and working together in a team (and also be the stupid goovy person who jokes around all the time). Next to that I really enjoy to make and create things, for example making my own clothes. As it comes to my study, I first finished a bachelor of Biomedical Sciences and after that I started a premaster in Psychology. From this moment on, I was an active member of VIP and this year I’m very happy to fulfill the role of Internal Affairs of the board of VIP 2018-2019!

As the Internal Affairs of VIP I take the internal communication of all the active members as my responsibility. Next to this I’m the commissioner of 9 committees and 3 structures and I’ll be organizing the Active Members Activities throughout the year. Besides being in contact with a lot of amazing VIP members, I can also be very creative and have fun in my function, which I enjoy a lot!

So that’s me in short, know that you can always approach me for any question, or to crack a joke ofcourse.

Foto_linda.JPG

Foto_2.JPG

Hello everyone!

Time to introduce myself on our beautiful VIP-site! I am Bart Kranenborg and I am VIP’s 2018-2019 Commissioner of External Affairs. I was born in the far south in Tilburg 21 years ago and after having lived in Uppsala in Sweden for 10 years I moved to Groningen, which is where I have lived ever since! I love listening to music, the bands Avenged Sevenfold and Breaking Benjamin in particular and I enjoy playing football, which is something I have done for more than 15 years now. In addition, I laugh excessively at my own terrible jokes, am very afraid of spiders and enjoy having a drink with family and friends!

As Commissioner of External Affairs, my main jobs are staying in touch with the different study-related contacts within and outside of our faculty, and other external parties. This year, I will focus on providing our members with opportunities to orient themselves on the labour market. Psychology is relevant in every aspect of both our private- and working life, and it is my job to make our members and different organisations aware of this!

Hey guys!

I am Luc Gerrits and I am the first Commissioner of Public Relations within VIP! I am 22 years old and I am in my fourth year of studying Psychology. I am from Renkum, a place close to Arnhem (that no one has ever heard of) and I have been living in Groningen for almost four years now, which I am enjoying a lot. In my free time, I play football at the Knickerbockers. Besides that, I like to meet new people and I always enjoy having a drink with my friends.

As the Commissioner of Public Relations, I am in charge of acquiring money via acquisition. This means that I have a lot of contact with companies and I try to close deals that are beneficial for VIP and its members. Besides that, I am also responsible for the promotion and the Public Image of VIP. I am really enjoying this year so far. I like all the various tasks and I am learning a lot!

If you have any questions, or if you just want to have a nice conversation, please feel free to approach me!

Foto_Luc.JPG

Our sponsors